17 March 2013
The only remains in the twenty-first century of the buildings purchased on land bought for a new church is part a sandstone cottage in Pavilion Place. The cottage was bought by the Church from the railway company. It eventually became the home of the Church caretaker. The first caretaker was Paddy Murray (1865-1941). He was succeeded by Mick Meany (-1958) who lived in the cottage with his family until the early 1950s. The remains of the cottage became the back wall of the kitchen of the Church Hall that existed from 1963 to 1997.